We have plenty of bicyclists in and around the Marysville area. This includes those who use their bicycle to exercise on a regular basis as well as those who use the bike as their primary method of transportation. However, if you or a loved one are injured in a bicycle crash caused by the negligence of another person, turn to the team at Russell & Hill, PLLC today. Our bicycle accident lawyers in Marysville want to discuss steps that you can take to help ensure you receive maximum compensation.
What a bicyclist can do after a Marysville accident
Unfortunately, bicyclists are extremely vulnerable to injuries when they are impacted by a passenger vehicle. The force of thousands of pounds slamming into a cyclist often leads to injuries such as broken and dislocated bones, spinal cord trauma, traumatic brain injuries, internal organ damage, and more. According to data available from the Washington Department of Transportation, we know that there were 1,302 total bicycle accidents reported during the latest year across the state. Out of these incidents, there were nine fatalities and nearly 1,200 injuries.
If a cyclist is injured due to the negligence of another driver, there are a few steps they can take to ensure they receive maximum compensation.
- Medical care: Injured bicyclists need to seek medical care as soon as possible after a crash. Not only does this ensure their well-being, but doing so will also help establish a clear link between the crash and the cyclist’s injuries.
- Call the police: The police need to come to every bicycle accident to ensure that an accident report is filled out. This report will be necessary for any insurance claims process.
- Gather evidence: If it is safe to do so at the scene of the crash, take photographs of damages to vehicles and to the bicycle. Also try to get photographs of any injuries, traffic and weather conditions, causes of the crash, and more. Make sure that the damaged bicycle does not get thrown away, as this could be used as evidence in a case. Get the names and contact information of any eyewitnesses to the bicycle crash.
- Call an attorney: Bicycle accident cases can become incredibly complicated, but a skilled Marysville personal injury lawyer will be able to offer a free consultation and guide you towards the best path for securing compensation for your claim.
Let our Marysville bicycle accident attorneys help
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident that was caused by the actions of another person, seek legal assistance as soon as possible. The qualified and experienced team at Russell & Hill, PLLC is ready to investigate your case so we can secure the following compensation on your behalf:
- Compensation for your medical bills related to the incident
- Lost wages if you cannot work while recovering
- General household out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages