Getting into a car accident can be an incredibly scary and confusing experience. This is especially true when you need to recover compensation for your losses. It may be necessary to hire a car accident attorney in Spokane in order to secure all of the compensation you are entitled to. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, we want to discuss some points to consider before choosing an attorney for your case.
DO NOT GO FOR JUST CAR ATTORNEY IN SPOKANE
When you are looking for the right attorney to handle your car accident case, you should speak to several in your area. After all, a quality attorney will offer a free initial consultation, so why not find one that works best for you? There are several points we want to discuss that you should be aware of when looking for the right Spokane car accident lawyer.
- Background and experience: Not all car accident attorneys are created equal. In fact, many of them do not have much experience in personal injury law at all. You should find an attorney with vast experience in personal injury law cases. Ask the prospective attorney how frequently they have handled cases similar to yours.
- Their assessment of your case: Take some time to describe your car accident case and associated injuries and then ask the attorney their opinion of your case. Listen to whether or not they want to try to take a quick settlement or whether they are willing to go to trial on your behalf. Ask them how long they expect your case to take and what kind of compensation you can realistically expect to receive.
- Will an attorney be handling the majority of your case? Some law firms lure people in with a well-known attorney’s name and then hand the case off to other attorneys or even paralegals to handle. Be sure that you know who will be handling your case. Your best approach will be to find an attorney who will be personally involved with every aspect of your case.
- How are legal fees arranged? In most cases, a qualified Spokane car accident attorney will take your case on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will not be responsible for any upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to your case. With a contingency fee arrangement, you only pay legal fees after your attorney successfully secures the compensation you need through a favorable settlement or verdict.
OUR TEAM IS READY TO HELP YOU THROUGH THIS
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a car accident that was caused by another driver’s reckless or careless actions, you may need secure assistance from an attorney. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our qualified and experienced team will investigate your claim and work to secure the following compensation:
- Your medical expenses related to the car accident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work while recovering
- Pain and suffering and loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against those responsible
If you need a car accident lawyer in Spokane, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 800-529-0842.