Getting involved in a car accident is not something anybody wants to experience. If you or a loved one are injured due to the carelessness or negligence of another driver, it may be necessary to secure expert testimony on your behalf in order to obtain the compensation you need. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our car crash lawyers in Spokane are ready to help investigate your case today.
TYPES OF EXPERT WITNESSES THAT MAY BE USED
Car accident cases can be exceedingly difficult, especially when the alleged negligent party refuses to accept fault. In these cases, it may be necessary to rely on expert witnesses who can testify at trial in order to establish the facts of the case and determine liability. There are various types of expert witnesses that may be called, including the following:
- Car accident reconstructionist: There are times when accident scenes need to be reconstructed. This is commonplace for incidents that involve fatalities, and police often use or employ accident reconstruction experts. An attorney may also hire an accident reconstruction expert to prove the liability of the other party.
- Maintenance specialists: If a car accident is caused by vehicle failure, particularly the failure of a large commercial truck, the incident may have been caused due to failed maintenance. In these cases, maintenance specialists may be able to prove what happened.
- Medical experts: In many cases, it may be clear that the other party was at fault. What may be less clear is the extent of the injuries sustained. If there is a dispute that revolves around injury severity, a medical expert may be called to evaluate the injured victim and testify about their findings.
- Phone records specialists: All too often, car accidents are caused due to distracted driving. If it is suspected that an accident was caused by a driver talking or texting on the phone, it may be necessary to use a phone records specialist to pinpoint what a driver was doing on their phone at the time of the accident.
Expert witness testimony can be invaluable in these cases. However, it is important to understand the opposing side in these cases may also call their own expert witnesses in the same fields that could contradict what your expert witness says.
WE ARE READY TO GET TO WORK ON YOUR CLAIM
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a car accident, you may need help from a skilled attorney in the Spokane area. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, we are dedicated to helping victims of car accidents recover the compensation they need. Will investigate your case and work to secure the following on your behalf:
- All of your crash-related medical expenses
- Lost income if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent party
If you need a car crash attorney in Spokane, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 800-529-0842.