Today, there are more Americans reaching retirement age than ever before. While the vast majority of families care for the well-being of their oldest members, very few households can provide the attention their loved ones need regularly. Because of this, many families in Everett are relying on assisted living facilities to keep their elderly members healthy and happy.
Even though the concept of assisted living facilities looks great on paper, a large percentage of these institutions are understaffed, poorly equipped, or simply not prepared. Unfortunately, this may result in instances of abuse and neglect towards the nation’s elderly. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our team of elderly care abuse attorneys in Everett strive to bring justice to the victims of senior care mistreatment.
There are numerous studies that indicate that a huge percentage of assisted home facilities have been cited for abuse in one instance or another. It’s extremely sad to see that the same facilities responsible for the care and well-being of the elderly are being reported for misconduct. Our team of experienced attorneys has been fighting for the rights of the elderly for years and are committed to helping them get the compensation they deserve.
What Do Elderly Care Abuse Attorneys in Everett Do?
In a certain way, elderly care abuse attorneys are specialists that focus on handling misconduct reports in assisted living facilities. Older adults tend to have different needs, so attorneys that handle these abuse cases need to be emotionally equipped to handle these delicate situations.
Areas of Expertise
While elder care attorneys focus on instances of abuse, they can also help with a variety of different legal matters affecting older or disabled persons in Everett. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, we often work side-by-side with the elder’s family in order to address issues related to:
- Overall healthcare
- Social security
Types of Elderly Abuse
Despite the fact that abuse reports are becoming more and more frequent, the proliferation of senior care facilities in Everett shows no signs of slowing down. Because of this, it’s extremely important to know the different types of abuse, as not all of them are obvious at first sight. The most common types of elder abuse include:
- Financial abuse: All types of financial misconduct, ranging from the misuse of personal funds to embezzlement, fraud, and denial of access to bank accounts.
- Negligence on behalf of the caregiver: Purposefully failing to provide necessary assistance such as medication, daily hygiene, or nutrition.
- Sexual abuse: Sexual abuse can range from inappropriate comments right down to nudity, forced exposures, and rape.
- Physical abuse: This type of abuse consists of inflicting physical pain on senior citizens and can come in the form of slapping, hitting, or even using restraints.
- Verbal and psychological traumas: By far the most common type of elderly abuse, it can range from name calling to shaming and improper administration of medication.
Finding a Reliable Elderly Care Abuse Attorney
Elderly abuse is an unfortunate reality, and one of our main goals here in Everett is to help justly compensate victims for their pain and suffering. Our team of professional elderly care abuse attorneys will help you identify instances of abuse and hold the responsible party accountable.
If you are being victimized by abuse, or if you suspect one of your loved ones is being neglected, contact Russell & Hill, PLLC today.