You’re driving down the road and you look in your rear view mirror and see blue and red lights flashing. Panic hits and you become nervous. Your mind goes blank wondering what you did that has raised the suspicion of a police officer. What do you do now?
7 Things You Should Know Before Getting Pulled Over By a Police Officer
- Remember to relax. Look for a convenient location to pull over such as a parking lot or a wide shoulder of road. Turn your signal on and slowly move in the direction of the location.
- Roll down your driver’s side window, put your vehicle in park and then turn off the ignition. Make sure to put your keys on the dashboard so that the officer feels more confident that you will not suddenly flee the scene.
- Always remember to keep your hands in view with your fingers visible to the police officer.
- Be respectful and courteous to the officer.
- REMAIN SILENT. Do NOT make ANY statements or answer ANY questions that may incriminate you. The police officer will usually ask for your license, registration and insurance. Let the officer know that you are reaching in your glove box to obtain the information.
- Follow the officer’s instructions but do NOT agree to perform any voluntary roadside physical tests or preliminary breath test (PBT). You can tell the officer: I WISH TO SPEAK TO MY ATTORNEY FOR ADVICE PRIOR TO ANY BREATH OR BLOOD TESTING.
- If you are cited for DUI or a traffic ticket, call an attorney at Russell & Hill as soon as possible to discuss your case.
At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our attorneys have successfully resolved thousands of legal matters involving DUI, criminal and traffic offenses in Snohomish, King and Skagit County, Washington. We provide aggressive legal defense against all classes of criminal charges, including felonies and misdemeanors.
Common misdemeanor charges include:
- Reckless driving
- Negligent driving
- Hit and run
- Domestic violence
- Driving while license suspended
- Probation violations
Our DUI Attorneys also:
- Help clients retain their driver’s licenses.
- Get DUI’s dismissed and/or amended to lower charges.
- Develop solutions for alternative sentencing such as community service, work release; work crew, electronic home monitoring and/or alcohol abuse treatment so that clients can stay out of jail.
Contact DUI Attorneys
If you have been charged with DUI in the city of Everett or surrounding areas of Snohomish, King or Skagit County, Washington, contact Russell & Hill, PLLC, DUI attorneys, by filling out and emailing our Case Evaluation Form or call our toll-free number at 800-529-0842 to schedule a free initial consultation.
- DUI Attorneys
- Free initial consultations
- Weekday, evening and weekend appointments
- Phone consultations 24 hours a day in emergencies
- In-house Spanish translation
- A convenient location on Broadway in Everett
- Snohomish County, King County, Skagit County
Russell & Hill, PLLC, DUI Attorneys, also service the communities of Arlington, Bothell, Edmonds, Everett, Kenmore, Lake Stevens, Lynnwood, Marysville, Mill Creek, Monroe, Shoreline, Snohomish, Stanwood, and Sultan.