To learn more about survivor benefits, contact Russell & Hill, PLLC by filling out and emailing our Case Evaluation Form or call our toll-free number at 800-529-0842 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Social Security Survivor Benefits
Our attorneys help people resolve issues related to survivor’s benefits. Issues that make survivor benefits more complicated, for example, include issues related to the age and disability of a surviving spouse. Our attorneys can help you untangle these matters so you can get the benefits you deserve. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our attorneys help clients who have questions about survivor benefits.
Social Security provides benefits to survivors of people covered by Social Security. Widows and widowers, unmarried children, children still in school and divorced spouses are the primary beneficiaries of this law. This benefit is more like insurance than the retirement income typically associated with Social Security.
Questions About Survivor Benefits?
Our lawyers help answer questions such as these:
- I’m disabled and my spouse just died. Can I receive survivor benefits?
- I’m taking care of my disabled child after the death of my spouse. Do I have to wait until retirement to receive benefits?
- My kids are still in high school. Can they receive survivor benefits?
- I’ve been taking care of my grandchildren. Are they eligible for survivor benefits?
- I’ve been helping support my parents. If I die, will they get anything?
- My husband was applying for SSDI when he died. Can I still get his disability benefits?
- My wife and I divorced many years ago. Can she get any benefits after I die?
- I heard there is a lump sum death benefit. What do I need to do to receive this?
Our attorneys answer questions such as these and help people complete the necessary paperwork to apply for survivor benefits.
Contact Social Security Disability Attorneys
Contact Russell & Hill, PLLC, social security disability attorneys, located in Everett and servicing Snohomish, King or Skagit County, Washington, by filling out and emailing our Case Evaluation Form or call our toll-free number at 800-529-0842 to schedule a free initial consultation.