Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have become ubiquitous in American life. While it may be convenient to press a button in an app and have a ride show up at your door soon after, what happens if you are loved one gets injured due to the actions of a rideshare driver? At Russell & Hill, PLLC, we are here to help when you need a personal injury attorney in Everett after a crash with a rideshare vehicle. Our goal is to secure maximum compensation for your claim.
Rideshare accident liability and insurance can be confusing
There are various groups of people that can sustain an injury in an accident with a rideshare vehicle. This includes:
- Passengers in the rideshare vehicle
- Other drivers and passengers on the roadway
- Pedestrians in or near the roadway
Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft do have insurance policies in place for accidents, but these policies operate on a tiered level depending on the rideshare driver’s status at the time of an incident.
- If a rideshare driver is not signed into the “app” to work, then they are considered to be ordinary drivers conducting personal business. Any crash that they cause will be covered by their personal insurance carrier.
- If a rideshare driver is signed into the “app” to work but does not have a passenger when they cause a crash, then their personal insurance carrier is still going to be the primary coverage provider. Uber and Lyft both have limited liability policies in these situations, but they will not kick in unless the personal insurance carrier denies a claim or if the coverage limits are exhausted.
- If a rideshare driver is signed into the “app” to work and has a passenger, or is on the way to pick a passenger up, then any anyone involved in an accident with the rideshare vehicle should be covered under the rideshare company’s $1 million liability coverage policy (both Uber and Lyft have these policies).
It is vital that you secure an Everett rideshare accident attorney to help you with this case. An attorney will be able to:
- Obtain all evidence necessary to prove liability, including video and photo surveillance, eyewitness statements, rideshare app data, accident reports, and more.
- Work with trusted medical professionals to fully evaluate your injuries and help calculate total medical costs.
- Handle negotiations with all parties involved, including aggressive insurance carriers, to secure full compensation for your claim.
Contact our Everett personal injury lawyers today
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident involving a rideshare vehicle, contact an attorney as soon as possible. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our team has extensive experience handling these cases, and we will work to secure full compensation on your behalf. This includes:
- Coverage of all crash-related medical expenses
- Recovery of lost income if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party
If you need a personal injury attorney in Everett after a rideshare vehicle accident, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 800-529-0842.