To learn more about Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or how we can help you obtain Supplemental Security Income (SSI), call one of our SSI attorneys, by filling out and emailing our Case Evaluation Form or call our toll-free number at 800-529-0842 to schedule a free initial consultation.
At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our attorneys help people obtain the full Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits to which they are entitled. The fee we charge for our services is regulated by the government; it is limited to 25% of any retroactive award and will not come out of your monthly benefit checks. The Social Security Administration will calculate the appropriate fee and automatically send the attorney payment. If there is no retroactive award, you will pay no attorney fee.
What is Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a means-tested federal program intended to help people who are elderly, blind or disabled and who have little or no income. It also provides benefits for children with disabilities. The benefits provided under this program include cash payments for basic needs such as food, clothing, and shelter as well as medical coverage through Medicaid. You are not required to have an employment history to be eligible for SSI.
Although you don’t need an attorney to receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, a knowledgeable attorney can help you correctly complete your application and efficiently assemble the required documentation. A dedicated advocate can also represent you at hearings before an administrative law judge if your initial claim is denied.
How Can Our Attorneys Help
Filing an application for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits can be confusing. There are many deadlines and lots of documents to assemble. Our law firm keeps track of the applicable deadlines and requests the appropriate records from your physicians and other health care providers. We answer questions about eligibility and work history to present your case in the best possible light.
We may perform the following tasks when helping with an Supplemental Security Income (SSI) claim:
- Prepare for and attend hearings
- Draft and submit legal briefs to the Judge
- Obtain medical records from your health care providers
- Obtain relevant records through other agencies, such as DSHS
- File requests for reconsideration and request for hearings
- Hire and consult with medical and vocational experts to document your case
- Help you obtain appropriate medical care
- Inform you about your eligibility for other benefit programs, such as Washington state benefits, while you wait for your case to be resolved
We understand what an administrative law judge needs to see before making a decision about Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. We use this knowledge to develop your application or appeal.
To learn how we can help you with your Supplemental Security Income (SSI), contact Russell & Hill, located in Everett, and servicing Snohomish, King, Pierce, and Skagit County, Washington, by filling out and emailing our Case Evaluation Form or call our toll-free number at 800-529-0842 to schedule a free initial consultation.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI
- Free initial consultations
- Weekday, evening and weekend appointments
- Phone consultations 24 hours a day in emergencies
- In-house Spanish translation