Most people depend on professionals because they are trained and qualified to carry out specific tasks, and because they are bound by a code of ethics that holds them to the highest standards.
In other words, a professional is expected to take all precautions to make sure their services and products are deemed as safe for their clients. A professional provider follows a set of standards commonly accepted by those in the same profession, guaranteeing good results.
However, in some cases professionals fail to meet these standards, which can result in mental, physical, or emotional damage to their clients. This is known as professional negligence.
What Constitutes Professional Negligence?
Professional negligence can be defined as a breach or violation of the duty of care between professionals and their clients. The duty of care is a legal obligation that professionals have with all their clients, and it requires them to adhere to a standard of reasonable care while performing their duties.
Unfortunately, professional negligence can often result in severe personal injuries and long term complications for the individuals affected. The most common type of professional negligence is medical malpractice, however, there are many other scenarios that can be considered professional negligence. These include, but are not limited to:
- Lawyers and legal consultants: If you legal representative fails to exercise reasonable care with your case.
- Architects and engineers: If an architect or engineer designs a faulty component of your house or office, which may result in injury.
- Insurance brokers: If your insurance broker fails to meet his or her end of your contract.
- Real estate agents: If a real estate agent fails to disclose information that is legally required.
- General contractors: If a contractor carries out a repair or installation at your house that is not at an acceptable standard.
Pursuing Professional Negligence Claims
If you or a loved one has been victimized by professional negligence, it’s important that you seek legal assistance immediately. At Russell and Hill, we specialize in helping clients get fair compensation for the damages suffered as a result of professional negligence.
Our team of professional attorneys understands how frustrating it is to hire a professional and suffer a personal injury because of it. We are committed to holding negligent professionals accountable for their actions and making sure you get the compensation you deserve.
If you are interested in learning more about filing a professional negligence claim, contact us at Russell and Hill today. You can schedule a free, no-obligation appointment or give us a call at 888-997-3183.